Following on last week’s update, I just wanted to confirm what is now planned in relation to re-opening the bar.
We are now able to confirm that with effect from Saturday 4th July, our opening hours will be :-
· Saturday – 2pm to 10.30pm (last orders at 10pm)
· Sunday – 2pm to 10.30pm (last orders at 10pm)
· Monday – 4pm to 10.30pm (last orders at 10pm)
· Tuesday – 4pm to 10.30pm (last orders at 10pm)
· Wednesday - 4pm to 10.30pm (last orders at 10pm)
· Thursday - 4pm to 10.30pm (last orders at 10pm)
· Friday - 4pm to 10.30pm (last orders at 10pm)
We have initially decided to close earlier to allow us to undertake a significant cleaning exercise at the end of each day. I hope our members will understand why this is necessary in the first instance, but we will review this as we progress through the summer.
We will be looking to open the Members’ Bar / Pool Room from Monday to Thursday, with the Function Room also opening from Friday to Sunday.
The conditions for opening are naturally quite stringent and we are therefore adopting the following practices in an attempt to mitigate the risks presented by Covid-19 :-
· Go cashless – payment can only be accepted by CARD
· Entry and exit to / from both bars will be through specific doors, with the following reduced capacities cross all 3 rooms within the clubhouse
- 25 in the Members’ Bar
- 25 in the Pool Room
- 50 in the Function Room
· There will be a managed process of “one in / one out” for all toilets within the clubhouse
· Customers will not be able to stand at the bar
· There will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the clubhouse
· We are also required to capture customer details on entry / exit from the club
We will be appealing to all our customers to respect all the new processes / policies. They are there to help protect customers and staff alike. A continued flouting of them will result in the customer being asked to leave and potentially the closure of the bar.
We won’t be offering a table booking service as we simply don’t have the resources to be able to operate it.
Can I thank all our members who have renewed their memberships over the last few weeks, it is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you all back at the Log Cabin over the coming weeks, especially as it looks like we may well have some cricket back in the very near future!
Can I remind members to bring their membership cards along with them as cards will need to be shown to bar staff.
Please note however that we cannot complete membership applications on the day, you will need to refer to elsewhere on our website for details of membership options and liaise with Helen Bowker, our Membership Secretary, as appropriate.
Finally, you will notice a few changes at the club since we closed in March. We have continued our refurbishment of the Members’ Bar, we do hope you like it. We have also changed breweries after many successful years with Marstons. We thank Marstons for all their help over the years but are now looking forward to an exciting partnership with Carlsberg. We do hope you enjoy the new selection of ales, lagers, ciders and wines that we can now offer.