Greenmount Cricket Club – plans for re-opening the bar
I just wanted to briefly update our members and the local community on our plans for opening up with effect from Saturday 4th July, thereby giving you some notice of some of the changes that are required to what we once considered the norm!
You will all be aware that there are some significant conditions being placed around the re-opening of public bars / restaurants and our absolute priority has to be around customer and staff health and safety.
To that end we are looking to manage a staged opening that we will continuously review and tweak as necessary.
Our intention is therefore to :-
· Go cashless
· Urge customers to use the outside facilities as much as possible
· Open the Members’ Bar and Pool Room from Monday to Thursday, with the Function Room as an overflow seating area if required
· Open both the Members’ Bar and Function Room Bars from Friday to Sunday
Capacity restrictions in the rooms mean that there will be a limited seating inside, whilst we will operate specific entry and exit points within both bars.
There will be a managed process for access to / from toilet facilities, whilst there will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the club.
We will be appealing to all our customers to respect all the new processes / policies and a continued flouting of them will result in the customer being asked to leave and potentially the closure of the bar.
We will be opening from :-
· 4pm on weekdays and
· 2pm at weekends.
Full details of our plans will be published next week.
In the meantime, if you would like to join us from 4th July onwards and benefit from Members’ prices can I ask you to :-
· ensure that you renew your membership as early in the week as possible (we will not be able to renew membership on the day) – the link below takes you to our website where application forms can be found. Please note that the discounted rates are available to reflect the loss of the first 3 months of the year, however if you are happy to support the club by paying the normal membership rates that that would be very much appreciated.
· we will hold a membership application drop-in session at the club from 6-7pm on Tuesday for those who aren’t able to pay on-line but can pay by card
· make sure you have your membership card and contact our membership secretary Helen Bowker at email@example.com if you have lost it as you will have to show your membership card to the bar staff to benefit from members’ prices.
Further details will follow during the coming week.
Chairman, Greenmount Cricket Club
1 Views - Last updated: 29/11/21